Ask anyone about their current ERP solution, and chances are you’ll get a variety of different answers. Some love it, some hate it, and most of that love-hate relationship has nothing to do with the ERP’s functions. Any ERP can be an incredibly significant solution for business; if implemented correctly, it can create a more efficient and productive manufacturing or distribution organization. However, the best ERP systems in the world—systems like SYSPRO and others—will not make any difference to your rate of collaboration or increase productivity if employees are reluctant to adopt the new software.
Change is hard, and you will always find users who are resistant to anything that is not “what we used to do.” In fact, research indicates that approximately 30 percent of applications go completely unused, and a further eight percent are used less than once a month. To get the most out of an ERP solution such as SYSPRO software, you need to empower your employees with software tools that can be personalized to their specific needs and requirements.
Personalization: The Defining Factor
Employees need to be able to immediately access the information that is relevant to them, while suppressing irrelevant data that only serves to clutter their workspace. The more relevant the solution is to their specific roles and tasks, the more likely it is that they will not only use it, but exploit it to its full potential.
The ability to personalize an employee’s workspace is also integral in gaining their acceptance of the emerging technologies that will give your organization the competitive edge. Personalization facilitates rapid adoption and acceptance of the technologies that drive change.
Six Ways to Personalize Workspaces
It’s easier to achieve personalization in your workspace than you might think. How many of these could you implement right now?
- Role-based workspaces: A role-based workspace will display only the most relevant information to the user’s touch points, providing employees with the complete tools and information needed to perform their role efficiently.
- Adaptable web interface: Create an interface that can easily change as requirements evolve, allowing users to see their required information without calling for further development.
- Individualized and pre-defined KPIs: When KPIs are personalized, they can automatically promote to encourage users to immediate action as necessary.
- Personal chat spaces: Chat’s instant communication allows users to surface real-time information and trends they’ve chosen to follow.
- Intuitive search: Empower your employees with recommended actions using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to improve decision making and productivity.
- Web views: These views provide simplified, easy-to-read screens of a single view of records in a customizable dashboard of targeted actions.
Customized Success With PositiveVision
Offering a personalized user experience from your ERP software is no longer optional; it’s critical to the success of your business. Ready to personalize your SYSPRO software experience? Download this helpful guide on how to personalize and design your workspace now.
PositiveVision has been in the business of helping businesses customize and streamline their software services since 2002. Let us help you tailor the perfect solution for your business, your bottom line, and your employees. Contact us now to get started.