Demand for quality business intelligence (BI) programs has exploded. The volume of data created by business transactions, customer intelligence, and the Internet of Things (IoT) has caused a surge in demand for an effective means to analyze and report the massive quantities of data. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are a great source of information, but realizing its potential requires processes and tools to deliver an effective BI program.
BizNet’s business intelligence system can help you harness the data from IoT and other sources to improve warehouse management through clean, succinct reporting. It’s reporting that focuses on what matters the most to your business. BizNet is now integrated with the core SYSPRO ERP system.
These tips, tricks, and ideas will help you transform your BI program into one that supports efficient manufacturing, improvements in your supply chain, and better productivity.
- Simplicity. Cumbersome, complex systems are difficult to use. Simple is better when it comes to BI. Make sure that your system is both simple and functional, with intuitive interfaces and reports that are easy to both run and read.
- Integration. To prevent errors, integrate as many systems as you can into the BI and ERP. Manual data entry leads to mistakes. The more you can automate and integrate, the fewer mistakes you will find in your data and reports. SYSPRO is an ERP system that integrates data into BI to provide one comprehensive, powerful solution that includes financial management, manufacturing, and distribution information in one system.
- Ensure that all who need it have access to reporting features. While you may need to restrict system administration capabilities, ease restrictions on access to data. Department heads, managers, and others with responsibility for service, sales and production should all have access to data and reports.
- Real-time integration between systems is part of the newer cloud-based BI and ERP systems. Data moves almost instantly among the systems to produce reports that are based on current information. Use this to your advantage to improve processes and streamline production.
- Problem-solving. Focus on how your BI system can help you solve specific problems. By using problem-solving to guide system reports and setup, you’ll have the information that you need right from the start.
- Offer training. While business intelligence software shouldn’t need a full-time support staff, it can be useful to have a BI ambassador who can answer questions and provide training.
- Develop processes. Processes build systems that ensure continuity no matter who is heading up the process. Processes should be put into place for data entry, custom report approval, and other common needs.
- Flexibility. A good BI system has the flexibility to work with multiple systems. It provides insight into various aspects of your business and can handle multiple queries at once.
- Integration: Integrate your BI system with existing ERP and other systems for a seamless automated system. A good IT consultant can help you choose systems that work well together so that you can use them immediately to improve business.
With the right approach to BI, your business can be transformed. Consider the impact that better insight into business processes can make on your overall productivity. With real-time data, synchronized information, and decisions based on business intelligence data, you can improve many aspects of your business for a lean, profitable company.
When ERP Experience Counts in an IT Consultant: PositiveVision
PositiveVision provides IT consulting and services to manufacturing and distribution companies. We can help your operations run more efficiently and provide you with the right tools to gather accurate and timely data. With the right data, you can better manage your business. Learn more on our website or contact us today.