SYSPRO ERP offers manufacturing, distribution, and other types of businesses excellent business management support and flexibility. It’s an important software used by many leading businesses to manage their finances, accounting, sales, distribution, and supply chain. Using such software can help your business flourish and remain competitive.
As your business grows, however, it may be open to problems. Such problems include fraud. Fraud can happen internally, such as with employee theft. It can also happen from an external source. Technology is one area where companies are often open to fraud or problems from the outside.
To fight fraud, you must understand areas where your system may be vulnerable. Although SYSPRO ERP offers excellent security, no system is completely impervious to fraud. Use these tips to fight fraud and protect sensitive and valuable company data.
Tips to Fight Fraud with SYSPRO ERP
You wouldn’t think to leave your office unlocked at night, nor would you leave your manufacturing plan wide open to thieves. In fact, you may have an alarm system as well as a security guard to patrol the area just to be certain that no one breaks into the company. Good fraud protection and security are like having both an alarm system and a security guard for your technology.
To fight external fraud, you can:
- Move systems to the cloud: Cloud technology offers additional security at the hosting site to protect your data. You should also consult with your IT staff to ensure that all safeguards are in place. An annual or quarterly review of security at the cloud service is also a good idea to ensure that any third-party host is using sophisticated fraud protection programs.
- Avoid phishing scams: Raise awareness among your team members that fraud often occurs in simple, hidden ways. Phishing scams are one such method. Ask people to confirm the sender when someone sends links to click on. Teach your staff to verify links sent via email but also links in social media, messaging apps such as Skype and Slack, and other communications programs.
- Change passwords frequently: It’s become a joke in corporate circles about how frequently companies require their staff to change passwords. However, changing your passwords frequently ensures that even if your passwords are leaked, there is only a short window of time in which they can be used. Many companies require staff to change passwords monthly.
- Create strong passwords: Strong passwords are also essential to protect against external fraud. Strong passwords combine upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols. They are hard to guess. The strongest passwords are randomly generated, but since these can be tough to memorize, user-created passwords are the next best thing.
- Watch emerging technologies: Look for new technologies to adopt that enhance security and protect against fraud. The blockchain is one such technology that the finance and insurance communities are adopting to protect transactions. New technologies may help deter fraud, kind of like getting new and better locks on your warehouse doors.
Although no system is foolproof, systems such as SYSPRO, which is backed by a recognized and well-known company, can help deter fraud.
Your company’s data is valuable. Customer lists, formulas for manufacturing, and other data should be guarded just like you guard the items in your warehouse or the buildings you own. Take steps to protect against fraud by reviewing your technology and systems and adopting well-known software such as SYSPRO ERP.
For more information on SYSPRO ERP, visit Positive Vision. PositiveVision provides consulting and services to manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution companies. SYSPRO automates many business processes and can help you improve communications with customers, among other benefits. With the right data, you can better manage your business. Learn more on our website or contact us today.