Are you ready to implement mobility into your operations? Are you uncertain of where to start? Or perhaps, you are still wondering if mobile solutions are really worth it. Enabling mobility in business across all functions has become an essential strategy to remain competitive in most industries. Mobile capabilities have been shown to offer greater efficiency, reduced costs, and improved customer satisfaction. If your business is experiencing rapid growth, increased competitive pressures, or changing market dynamics, mobile capabilities can be an effective means to help you meet these demands.
An effective mobile enterprise strategy should include these four guidelines.
When you are ready to embrace mobility with your enterprise resource planning system, here are four guidelines that will help your implementation be effective.
- Use mobility as the primary data access. Rather than making mobility a secondary data access method, enable mobility for all of your data access and reporting. A universal but secure access point will give your employees, customers, or vendors, access to the applications and data they need to solve problems and meet objectives.
- Set goals and measure results. Mobility offers many benefits and you should be sure that you are getting them. When you set goals and measure the effectiveness of your mobility program, you will be better able to take advantage of mobility advantages.
- Leverage your enterprise resource planning system. An integrated ERP with a central location for data is an important piece of your mobility platform. It is essential to have central control over data to ensure access, compatibility, and security. Leveraging cloud ERP with built-in web capabilities will make mobility implementation even easier.
- Embrace BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). While many businesses originally pushed back against BYOD, today the majority are allowing it. There are many benefits to BYOD, including lower technology costs; however, it also requires that you set policies in place regarding security and application support.
An effective mobile enterprise strategy requires the right tools.
PositiveVision offers tools and advice to help you implement mobility in your business. SYSPRO, a cloud-based ERP for manufacturing and distribution companies, provides full support for mobility. SYSPRO Espresso is a mobile solution that gives you access to your business processes and data from any location at any time.
Sage 300 supports mobility as well. With Sage 300 2016, users can access the software through any device and have a complete web experience for browsing and entering data.
Learn more about mobile enterprise resource planning.
For more education on mobile ERP, take a look at some of our previous articles on mobility and then download our comprehensive whitepaper.
- Workforce Mobility is an Important Requirement in ERP Selection—Discover which mobile capabilities you should consider when you are adding mobility to your enterprise resource planning system.
- Mobile ERP Selection Impacts All Areas of Business—Learn more about the advantages of implementing mobility across all business functions including human resources, sales and marketing.
- Mobility Improves Distribution Automation and Efficiency—Explore how mobile devices can be used across the entire supply chain to increase productivity and improve margins.
- Mobility is a Key Priority in Manufacturing Automation Plans—Learn about the benefits of integrating mobile technology with your manufacturing solution.
- Supporting Workplace Mobility with ERP—Download this whitepaper to learn how to enable workplace mobility with your enterprise resource planning system.
When you are ready to take the next step and make mobility a central part of your enterprise resource planning and business strategy, contact us. PositiveVision can help you analyze where you are today and make a plan for getting where you want to be, whether you are using SYSPRO, Sage 300 or another system altogether.