Once you decide to implement Electronic Data Interchange software, it is crucial that you select a provider who can give you the full service this solution requires. You don’t want someone who will just set up the system and leave you to figure out the rest! The following 6 questions will help you ensure that you’re getting a partner who will go the distance with you during and after the implementation.1. Who monitors the ongoing stream of EDI transactions?
- Each trading relationship requires constant monitoring. Will the Electronic Data Interchange software consultant diagnose and correct problems when they occur, or will they just notify you?
- Do you have to do it yourself or pay a software vendor every time changes are needed?
- EDI implementation is a complex process. Be sure the provider has an experienced person who can ensure success.
- Retailers are picky about carton labels – if they come out wrong you may end up with the added cost of unnecessary charge backs.
- Make sure the EDI provider you select offers a written statement defining what level of service you can expect. You don’t want to end up with someone who just licenses software and charges for maintenance.
- When EDI issues need resolution, time and accuracy are critical. You want to reach seasoned EDI experts when you call, not a call center full of people who can’t help you.
If you’d like more information on Electronic Data Interchange software and compliance, please contact us today.